Today we will tell you about the lat pulldown alternative exercises and also tell you about the benefits of lat pulldown. Before moving directly to the topic first let’s understand a little bit about this exercise. Lat Pulldown is a great and popular exercise that gonna target the entire upper back muscle growth. So when you are doing pulldown, you are working on your lats which is your big muscle. Also, you work on the rhomboids and to a lesser extent on the biceps as secondary muscle groups.
But tell me one thing that, if you don’t want to go to the gym to work on your Lat muscle and you want to strengthen your lat without a gym exercise machine at your home and anywhere, where the pulldown machine is not available then how will you work on your Lat muscle?
That’s why we are going to tell you about the best lat pulldown alternative exercise with dumbbells. Here is the requirement for single pair of dumbbells and a bench to do a lat workout at your home. These upper body exercises give huge strength to our body. There are several types of exercise of Lat pulldown but we will tell you the five best lat pulldown alternative exercises but before that let’s know the benefits of lat pulldown.
BENEFITS OF LAT PULLDOWN EXERCISE
- It is a major exercise that strengthens and engages your back or gives power to your Latissimus Dorsi muscle.
- It builds your back muscle and rhomboids.
- This makes your body flexible and engages multiple muscles.
#1 Pull-Ups & Chin-Ups
Pull-ups and Chin-ups are the most well known and regular exercise that every people do in their workout. Pull-ups are done with our overhand grip on the horizontal iron rode and also chin-ups are done with our underhand grip on the horizontal rode. This exercise looks very easy but this exercise is very difficult to do, especially for heavy-weight people. But if you can do chin-ups as well as pull-ups, then it gives huge muscular power to the body and gives strength to your lats and shoulder muscle rapidly.
HOW TO DO PULL-UPS & CHIN-UPS
- Simply hold the iron rod with an overhand grip (If you are doing pull-up exercise) or underhand grip (if you are doing chin-ups).
- Then try to lift up your bodyweight instead of lifting actual weight with your maximum power.
- Try to touch your chest to that iron rod and then lift down slowly and do this step as much you can.
#2 DUMBBELLS BENT OVER ROW
Here is another lat and back muscle improving exercise named Dumbbells Bentover row. This exercise is a bilateral exercise means that you need to use both hands simultaneously withholding a single dumbbell in each hand.
The bent-over row is performed with dumbbells and it strengthens the latissimus dorsi muscles, posterior deltoids, scapular retractors, spinal extensors, and hip extensors. Now we will tell you how to do this exercise and remember one thing that your body posture should be correct.
HOW TO DO DUMBBELLS BENT OVER ROW EXERCISE
- Holding the dumbbells in your hands.
- Bent forward while shifting the hips back.
- Keep your back body straight and your chest up at all times.
- With your elbows leading, lift the dumbbells towards your ribcage and return slowly to the starting position.
Do this exercise for 8-12 reps with 3 sets
#3 INCLINE DUMBBELL ROW
On number three from lat pulldown alternative exercises, we will do the Incline Dumbbell Row exercise which is the same as the Dumbbell Bentover Row exercise. This exercise will give rapid growth to your back body and your rhomboids muscles. Now we will tell you how to perform this exercise with the following steps given below:
HOW TO DO INCLINE DUMBBELL ROW
- Take an incline bench and do face out on it.
- You need to lie face down on a raised/incline seat.
- Then hold the dumbbells with a tight grip in either hand beneath the inclined bench.
- Have your legs straight, resting your toes on the floor.
- Column both dumbbells in an orderly fashion towards your rib cage or until your arms are flat.
#4 KROC ROW
At number fourth, another lat pulldown alternative exercise name is Kroc Row. Kroc Row is a unilateral exercise that means you need to use a single hand with holding a dumbbell at a time. The Kroc Row varies in that it is done without the full help of a bench; in this manner, it very well may be seen as the really challenging rendition of the Single Arm Bench Supported Row because of the core solidness it requires.
HOW TO DO KROC ROW EXERCISE
- Support your body weight by setting a hand on a surface that permits you to position your body at an angle of 45 degrees while keeping a neutral spine as well as neck.
- After that, just have your feet in a split position with your weight centered in your front foot.
- Hold the dumbbell on an extended arm and hanging it in a normal position.
- Then column in a straight line from that point towards your rib confine.
- Hold for 2 to 3 seconds at the topmost of the movement and then return back to the previous position.
#5 DECLINE DUMBBELL PULLOVERS
At last, the most effective exercise of lat pulldown and tough one is Decline Dumbbell Pullovers. This exercise is associated with a tricep as well as a chest exercise. If you are done this exercise perfectly then this can give you toughness, strength, and flexibility to your lats.
HOW TO DO DECLINE DUMBBELL PULLOVERS
- Firstly, lie on your back on a declined bench and hold a dumbbell between your hands with a little bit of bend in your elbow.
- Beginning with the dumbbell at your hips and lift it over-top/behind your head to create a stretch through the lats.
- At that point connect through the lats and pull back to starting end. Do this continuously.