Hey, welcome to the alltrendsetter, and today we going to learn how to make pav bhaji. Pav Bhaji is a very tasty street veg dish which comes from Mumbai and it’s also popular all over the Indian country. Everyone loves this food and the price of a single plate is cheap. Now, this food becomes so famous that in the present time, it is served in the Mumbai restaurants as well as Mumbai’s street food & the rest of India. The “pav” is used for bread rolls & “Bhaji”, we call it a veg-based dish that is dry or in gravy form. So these both pav(Bread rolls) and bhaji(Veg Gravy), hence then we can call it together ‘Pav-Bhaji’.
We generally use Pav Bhaji Masala(it is a special spice blend) to make bhaji aromatic and spicy. The bhaji is basically a mixture of combined spiced and mashed veggies. The Pav-bhaji Masala powders are available easily in nearby stores and also online on grocery platforms as well.
Indians cook this item at their home and there is no complexity in terms of cooking. You can also make this food at your home and makes it more delicious.
#1 Ingredients You Need
- MIX VEGETABLES: Make a mixture of veggies such as carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, green peas, and capsicum. You can add carrots for a good healthy body but it is not been added for Mumbai street versions as well as they also add quite of cauliflower.
- GREEN PEAS: Don’t forget to add fresh green peas. The street region pav bhaji contains cooked and mashed dried green-white peas. These dried peas provide us a different lovely taste and also consistency to the gravy. So in your recipe of bhaji, feel free to add this veg stuff.
- BUTTER: Now the most common and interesting stuff to make bhaji(Veg Gravy) yummy and a little bit saltier. You can buy this from your nearby stores and must use the butter of Amul brand because it is very old and safe for us.
- PAV-BHAJI MASALA POWDER: It is especially a spice blend that we include in Bhaji Gravy and it is available easily in Indian nearby stores or in malls.
#2 Pav Bhaji Recipe Step By Step
- Firstly, Wash all the veggies and chop them. You have to need a cup of cauliflower(chopped), a single cup of carrot(chopped), 1/3 cup french beans(chopped), and three medium-sized chopped potatoes. These are Basic veggies components for the Bhaji. Do not add radish, corn eggplants, and other leafy green-colored veggies. You can include broccoli, Pumpkin, zucchini, cabbage which are some unique healthy options.
- Take a three-liter pressure cooker and Add all the chopped veggies to it. Do not forget to include a cup of green peas that should be fresh or frozen. You can also use a pan or any instant pot to boil or steam the veggies.
- After that, add approximately 2.25 to 2.5 cups of water(H2O).
- Heat the pressure cooker to a medium level and wait for about 12 minutes or wait for 5 to 6 whistles from the pressure cooker.
- After that open the pressure cooker & check once that the veggies are softened and cooked properly.
- Then simply heat a Kadai or we can say it a frying pan. There are some other options except using a frying pan that uses a skillet or a large tawa. Simply add two to three tablespoons of butter to your frying fan. Must use Amul butter which is trusted for stable health and the butter can be unsalted or salted. And let the Amul or other butter melt.
- After the melting process is done, add a teaspoon of cumin seeds. And Let the cumin seeds be crackle & change their color.
- After that, add half a cup of chopped onions.
- Mix the chopped onions with the delicious butter & give low to medium heat to saute it. Saute it by heating until the chopped onions turn in translucent form.
- Include two teaspoons of ginger garlic paste.
- Until the raw aroma of both garlic and ginger goes away, do Mixing and Sauting for a few seconds.
- After that, add one to two chopped green chilies and mix well.
- Include two cups of tomatoes in chopped form finely and If you don’t have fresh tomatoes then swap canned tomatoes and mix all properly.
- Then start heating at a low to medium heat to Sauting.
- Until the chopped tomatoes become soft and mushy, so just keep sauting. And the butter will start releasing from the sides and it takes about six to seven minutes at a low to middle heating level.
- Add half a cup of finely capsicum(chopped) which is green bell pepper and saute it for two to three minutes.
- Add a teaspoon powder of turmeric as well as a teaspoon of red Kashmiri chili powder. Then include two to three tablespoons of branded Pav Bhaji Masala Powder. It gives a strong and good flavor to your bhaji. and again start mixing.
- Add all the cooked veggies and mix very well.
- Fill all of the water from the pressure cooker in which the mashed veggies were cooked, and combined well.
- According to your taste preferences, add season with salt and give a proper mix.
- Start mashing all the veggies in the pan by using a potato masher.
- If the bhaji is chunky then mash less and If the bhaji is looking thick then add more amount of water.
- Keep stirring & also let the mashed vegs simmer for eight to ten minutes on a lower heat level.
- If your bhaji is looking dry & then include some amount of water.
- Must check the taste of your cooked bhaji and add pav bhaji masala, salt, red chili powder, or butter if it is needed.
- You can pan-fry the bread rolls during your bhaji is simmering.
- Cut the rolls from the center and make it in 2 halves.
- Heat your skillet/tawa/shallow frying pan at low heat. Add one to two tablespoons of Amul butter.
- After the butter melting process is done, include a teaspoon of Pav-bhaji masala Powder if you are taking two to three pavs at a time and mix it very well.
- After that, put the pavs on the melted butter.
- Keep pressing and rotating the pavs on their axis until the pavs absorb all the butter.
- Now turn over all the pavs one by one and gently do pressing by using a spatula and again rotate them on its axis.
Now your Pav Bhaji is ready and now serve it in your style and eat and feel the taste.
- Things To Consider When Hiring A Professional Painting Company
- Liver Blood Tests: High, Low & Normal Results, Symptoms & Causes
- Ayurvedic Tips for Hair Growth & Thickness
- Top 7 Reasons to Use Scented Candle Jars
- Tips For Buying Custom Waterproof Odor Smell Proof Bag
Leave a Reply