Hey Guys, welcome to the Alltrendsetter, today we are going to discuss why ps4 controller not charging and basic troubleshooting methods to fix the charging problem and hopefully save you a buck instead of buying a new controller, and if you are an extreme ps4 gamer then you should know all the fixing issue or game errors fixes.
The PlayStation 4 (PS4) is a video game console which is developed by Sony Computer Entertainment. It is called a wireless controller which is used to connect with play station console. Announced as the replacement to the PlayStation 3 in Feb 2013, it was launched on 15th November in North America, 29th November 2013 in South America, Europe, and Australia, as well as on 22nd February 2014 in Japan. A ps4 console of the eighth generation, it rivals Nintendo’s Wii U, Microsoft’s Xbox One, and the Switch. So let us discuss some effective methods to fix the charging issue of the controller.
Steps To Follow-
- Clean the charging port
- Over time, the charging port of the ps4 controller or ps4 controller charger may get dirty and have debris stuck inside.
- Take some canned air and clean out the ps4 charging station or port.
- If you do not have canned air then laying around just below into the port and see if that helps.
- You can also take a microfiber cloth to remove the remaining debris over time from around the ps4 port.
- After doing these super-simple steps, the problem is still happening then let’s know fixing step number 2.
- Replace the charging cable
- The micro USB cable which you use to charge your ps4 controller may get damaged or fray over time.
- Find another USB cable connection laying around your house or you can buy a new one for replacing purposes and try to see if that works. You can also replace your ps4 battery.
- Reset the ps4 controller
- Sometimes drivers get some bugs, resetting the ps4 will re-default the drivers and your problem can get solved.
Let us discuss some important to reset ps4 controller:
- Firstly, Use a paper clip, toothpick, or a small and thin object.
- After that, press and hold the reset button (which is present on the bottom near the L2 button) which is located on the backside of your ps4 controller.
- Hold it down five to six seconds to ensure, it has been reset.
- Now connect your controller to your ps4 console using a micro USB cable and try to turn it on and you will see a blue light or controller light that will be flashing on your ps4 console.
- If these resetting steps are not working then read more fixing steps given below.
Power cycle your ps4
Let’s discuss some basic points to power cycling ps4:
- Plug in a micro USB cable into the USB port of your ps4 controller and the other end into the ps4 console.
- Ensure your ps4 is powered on.
- Now unplug the power cable from the back of the ps4 console and wait for 10 to 15 seconds.
- After that, reset the power cable and wait for the ps4 to turn back on, and try to connect the controller to the ps4.
Damage micro USB port
- In case the micro USB port has been damaged on your ps4 controller.
- You can actually purchase a ps4 game controller charging unit.
- This unit charges the controller using the port on the bottom of the controller and not the often used top port.
Repair and purchase a new controller
If the previous steps did not help, you can repair the charging port of the controller. If you are comfortable doing this repair, then well and good, but if you are not comfortable repairing, leave your previous controller and move on to a new ps4 controller that you have to get by purchasing a new one.
Check the surprising benefits of playing games.
6 Ways to speed up ps4
Is your ps4 running super slow and lagging? Do the menus lag? Is your game running very slow? Now let’s discuss the top 6 ways to fix this issue and run your ps4 faster in minutes.
Too many notifications
Simply navigate over to your notifications and delete all your old notifications. This alone could speed up your ps4 by quite a bit.
Too many friends
Simply navigate to your friend’s list and delete friends you have interacted with for a while. And this process could also help to speed up your ps4.
Too many messages
Same as the last two steps, navigate over to your messages and delete all the old messages and you will be surprised about how many messages you might actually have.
Too many items on the home screen
Navigate the settings then system and check the box for the limit content item on the home screen.
Too many applications on your device
Head over to settings and again head over to the storage through settings and uninstall or delete all the possible applications that are waste for you. Do not worry, if you just delete the game then you won’t lose your data of the game.
Rebuild the database of your ps4
- Over time your ps4 database may become corrupt, so power down your ps4 completely which means shut down and not rest mode.
- Hold the power button for 10 to 12 seconds until you hear two beeps sound.
- Connect your ps4 controller to your ps4 using a USB cable.
- Now scroll down and select “Rebuild Database” and this process may take some time.
I hope you may have got your problem that is ps4 controller not charging fixed with our help.
- Things To Consider When Hiring A Professional Painting Company
- Liver Blood Tests: High, Low & Normal Results, Symptoms & Causes
- Ayurvedic Tips for Hair Growth & Thickness
- Top 7 Reasons to Use Scented Candle Jars
- Tips For Buying Custom Waterproof Odor Smell Proof Bag
Leave a Reply