Hey, guys welcome to the alltrendsetter.com, and today we are going to discuss a very important thing which will help your mouth. Yes, we are discussing salty taste in mouth which is mouth disease. Generally, there are main four types of taste in the mouth that are salty, sweet, sour, and bitter. But we will mainly focus on salty taste and how to overcome this. But firstly let’s know how we determine the taste of anything?
How to determine different kinds of taste?
As you know that the primary sensor of taste is located on our tongue. The tongue helps us to determine the taste of food or anything. Each type of taste is located within the taste bud on different sections of our tongue. During chewing, the food in the mouth mixes with saliva & comes in contact with the taste buds.
Then the message of the taste sense of that food is sent from the taste buds to our processor called the brain. After that our brain processes that message of taste sense and helps us to determine different kinds of taste.
There are various kinds of causes that affect our sense of taste that are:
- Viral Infection
- Liver functions problem
- Various cancer treatment
- Feeling stress or hypertension
- Due to many bacteria infections
- Due to poor oral hygiene
- Dryness in the mouth
- Acid reflux and nasal problem
Dehydration is the most common and well-known cause of salty taste in the mouth. When the chemical in saliva becomes highly concentrated and our lips become saltier this called dehydration in the mouth. In the dehydrated condition, you may experience cotton ball in the mouth, less frequent urination, dark urine, fatigue, dizziness, confusion extreme thirst.
To determine whether you are dehydrated or hydrated is by doing a pinch on the backside of your hand which should immediately spring back into place after releasing.
How to overcome salty taste in the mouth?
You can take the help of baking soda to overcome saltiness. It can help to neutralize bacteria which causes a bitter taste in your mouth, baking soda is naturally alkaline and can help reduce harmful acid in our mouth. Let’s know how to overcome saltiness by taking few basic steps:
- Take a teaspoon of baking soda
- And also add a few drops of lemon juice to it.
- And at last, use this paste to brush your teeth and you have to do it daily to overcome saltiness.
Note: Drink plenty of healthy fluids like water and keep the body well and fully hydrated. Proper cleaning of the teeth and the whole mouth with plain water can also be helpful.
Turmeric has a powerful antibacterial agent that kills all the bad bacteria that are present in our mouth and it also eliminates bad taste. Let’s know how to use turmeric to use as an antibacterial agent with simple steps:
1. Add a few drops of lemon juice to a half teaspoon of turmeric powder.
2. Apply this thick paste to the tongue and also the insides of your mouth.
3. Then rinse your mouth with lukewarm water.
Note: Eat yogurt, eggs, ice cream, peanut butter, fish, and drink fruit juices to get rid of bad taste in your mouth.
Major Causes of salty taste in our mouth
- Dry Mouth
- Oral bleeding
- Oral infection
- Post-nasal drip
- Acid or bile reflux
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Sjogren syndrome
And some other possible causes are neurological, changes in hormonal functions, medication side effects, and also chemotherapy side effects
Major things that you should follow in mouth bitter taste condition
1. Brushing or scrape the tongue to help get rid of a bitter taste in your mouth.
2. Avoid smoking cigar cigarettes and properly take breathe through your mouth.
3. Eating citrus acid-containing fruits like orange can help you to remove bitterness from your mouth.
4. Maintain good oral hygiene.
5. Rinse your mouth every day with an alcohol-free mouthwash.
6. You need to stop almost regular alcohol intake.
7. To mask the bitter taste or metallic, just chew the ice.
8. Chew sugar-free gum.
9. In salty conditions, you should avoid salty and sugary foods.
10. Gargle cold water.
11. Suck sugar-free candies.
12. You need to avoid spicy and acidic foods this can aggravate your taste buds.
Note: If you have a persistent salty taste that does not go for long then you need to consult with your primary care physician. If it is a bacterial infection then you will need to take the help of your nearby dentist to have the infection treated. Once you get rid of the infection the saltiness will go away. The above pieces of information do not replace the advice of a Doc. But before undertaking any course of treatment, please seek the advice of the doctor.
Leave a Reply