Hey Guys, Today I am going to talk about the methods of steering wheel cleaner and also teach you how to clean and protect your leather steering wheel in your vehicle. So mainly the steering and shift the knob are touched regularly, while they come into contact with body oils, grease, dirt, all sorts of contaminants and also the damaging UV rays from the sun, so it can lead to cracking discoloration, fading and also that oily slimy greasy residue that we don’t like.
If your leather is very shiny and glossy that means there’s a lot of accumulated grease and oil on it. So let us learn some steps to clean the dirty steering wheel.
#1 Regular Cleaning Method
A> Choose the right cleaning solution for your steering wheel
Steering wheels are made of different materials depending on your car. While faux leather is the most well-known material, it’s feasible to have a plastic, wooden, or good-quality leather steering. When in doubt, check your owner’s manual to track the material & the best practices and tips for cleaning them.
- If your car steering wheel is made of faux leather or plastic then simply make a good mixture of 75 % of all-purpose disinfectant and 25% of water.
- If you are using a steering made of natural wood then use wood polish to remove the dirt.
- If you are using a genuine leather steering wheel then must use conditioner or the perfect leather cleaner. Must check your owner’s manual before cleaning the genuine leather because it’s very difficult to differentiate faux leather and genuine leather.
- You can also use a leather conditioner that contains sunscreen, hence a leather conditioner will protect your leather wheel from harm caused by light.
B> Spray Your Solution On a Towel
Remember that the towel should be made of microfiber cloth. Simply pour your steering wheel dirt clean solution into the spray bottle and squirt the cleaning solution at the center of the microfiber towel.
- Do not spray cleaning solution on your vehicle steering directly because if you will spray it directly then it will harm your steering wheel.
C> Smoothly Scrub The Steering Wheel By Twisting the Microfiber Towel Around To Clean It
Place your microfiber towel on the top position of the steering wheel and your hand should also be on the top of it. Clean all the sides of the wheel (front, back & top) by turning the towel on the steering with a soft hand. Clean all the points of the circumference of the wheel so that no dirt remains after the work.
- If you rub the steering wheel with high pressure then don’t think that your steering gives you more shine. If you rub your steering hardly then it will lift some color of the material of the steering wheel.
- Clean it with a soft hand or with low pressure as the cleaning will only remove the dirt without lifting the color of your steering wheel.
- Do not forget to clean the center part of the steering wheel as well.
D> Use Damp Cloth To Wipe The Cleaner Off
Simply wet a non-dirt soft cloth with clean water for washing purposes & wring out all the excess water from it. Now repeat your previous step with the damp cloth which you had worked on your wheel before with cleaning solution containing towel.
Wipe all the points where you had cleaned it with a microfiber towel before. If you do not have extra cleaning towels or extra damp cotton cloth then you can use paper towels.
E> Dry The Steering Wheel With An Another Microfiber Cloth
In the drying process, use another microfiber soft cotton cloth or you can use a dry cotton cloth to remove the wetness from the wheel. Whenever it will dry after working with a dry microfiber cloth, your vehicle steering will look pretty and new as well.
#2 Clean The Wheel With Brush
A> Clean The Ground-in Dirt Inside The Stitching By Using Toothbrush/Soft Interior Brush
Simply, dip or spray the brushy part of the brush into the cleaning solution & scrub the wheel in little circles. During brushing into the material, there should be bubbling.
Focus on regions with built-up grime & stitching. After cleaning, wipe the wheel using a damp cloth to eliminate the cleaner.
- If you rub the steering wheel with a high pressure using a brush then don’t think that your steering gives you more shine. If you rub your steering hardly then it will lift some color of the material of the steering wheel.
- If you don’t have a brush then in the same case, you can use an interior scrub pad.
B> Use A Steam Machine To Disinfect the Wheel
Turn on the steaming machine containing distilled water. To spray the surface of your steering, do not forget to use a single-hole nozzle. Kill all the bacteria by working around all the parts of steering & loosen your grime. Use a microfiber towel to wipe the wheel to make it dry.
C> Take A Professional Car Wash Service
If you have sufficient money to clean your car then you can take a professional car wash service. The professional vehicle washer washes both inner as well as outer body of your car. You can check your nearby car washing service center. The vehicle washer not only beautifies your car but also your vehicle smell fresh and looks brand new.
These all are the best methods for steering wheel cleaner.
- Billboard Advertising & Large Format Advertising
- How To Get Rid Of Cankles
- Salty Taste In Mouth: Causes & Treatment
- How To Make A Water Bottle Bong
- How To Skateboard For Beginners