#1 What are Tricep Press Down?
If you’ve ever watched the Olympics, then you know that weightlifting is no joke. It takes hardcore dedication and an iron will to get to the top of your game. But if you’re looking for some weight training moves that are easy on your joints, then look no further than these three exercises: Triceps Press Down, Upper Body Pullover, and the Bent-Over Row.
Triceps Press Downs is a fantastic exercise to help build your triceps. They can be performed with either a bench or a cable machine, and they need to be done at least twice per week to see results. Plus, you don’t even have to go heavy with them! Lightweight and high reps should be your goal if you want big-looking arms!
#2 How To Do Tricep Press Down?
Step 1- Lie on your back on a flat bench, holding a flat barbell with both hands. Make sure that your arms are fully straight and that you’re not wearing a shirt (for easier targetting of the tricep muscles).
Step 2- Take a deep breath and begin rolling the bar down until your arms are fully extended. At this point, let out all the air in your lungs and squeeze at the top of the contraction.
Step 3- Roll the bar back to your chest and then return to the starting position. Remember not to lock your arms when you’re fully extended as this can put a strain on your elbows and shoulders.
#3 Tips for Tricep Press Down:
- You can use a bench or a cable machine for this exercise, but I recommend using lightweight (no more than 1 or 2 lbs.) and high reps (10-20) for best results.
- For added intensity, try lowering the bench or raising the pulley to make the exercise tougher.
- Don’t use a spotter for this exercise. If you’re going to go heavy with it, consider performing a drop set after you tire out the first set.
- There are many variations of this exercise, so make sure that you mix it up to keep your triceps guessing! For example, you can perform them standing up, seated on a bench or lying down on an incline bench.
#4 Mistakes People do while doing Tricep press down:
- This is a very common mistake among people which for me is a big NO-NO. People do this mistake by pulling the weight back down to their chests instead of properly letting go of the bar every time. Pulling the weight back down to your chest can put a strain on your shoulder and chest muscles. Make sure you let go of the bar every time.
- Another mistake people do is not touching their shoulders with the bar at all times, especially when people get tired around rep 8-10 & 15-20 (depending on how much you can do). This might be a little challenging at first but it’s important that you do this in order to target your triceps effectively and not strain your shoulder muscles while doing it.
- Another mistake people do is not squeezing the tricep muscles at the top of the exercise. For example “I can’t do it because my triceps are full of lactic acid”. This is a misconception and no matter what, you must squeeze hard at the top of each rep in order to get the most out of this exercise.
- Some people don’t realize that it’s necessary to squeeze hard at this point and so they hold their tricep muscles completely still throughout their set, which actually does nothing for your muscle growth.
- Finally, some people do the exercise at too high of a weight and so they can’t perform reps properly. Please read the progression below if you have to increase your weights from this exercise.
As of now, there is no real “progression” for this exercise, but in time you’ll find out some ways to try it out to make it harder or easier. For example, if you can’t perform 10-12 reps (depending on how much weight you use initially), then try holding your upper body up just a little bit more than before and then lower back down slowly until you get the 10-12 reps.
#6 What to eat after doing
You must take a protein shake after your workout. Whey protein helps in building lean muscle. A great and cost-effective whey protein that I recommend is the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder.
#7 Benefits Of Doing Tricep Press Down:
- The triceps are the strongest muscle in your arm. Meaning a lot of weight can be put on them, and they can take it.
- They’re also one of the most visible muscles because they stick out so far from your arm. This is especially true for women, whose arms tend to be less muscular than men’s.
- They help to enhance overall aesthetics as well by helping to create great shape in your shoulders, chest, and arms. You will have a nice shape no matter what shirt you wear!
- It is important to keep the triceps strong and fit no matter what activity you’re doing. An injury to a weight lifter can be career-threatening. What if you were running and a muscle pulls? Or worse, in fighting or boxing, and something breaks?
- Triceps work best when they’re directly contracted and lengthened at the same time. Pull-ups help them to do this, because they build upper body mass while targeting the triceps muscles at the same time!
- Heavy weights don’t have to be used to build a strong and beautiful set of muscles. In fact, if you can’t lift heavy weights, then using a lighter weight and higher reps will still provide you with the benefits that come with lifting heavy weights.
- You need to make sure that you keep up your triceps once your strength starts to increase in order for them to keep getting bigger! Always work back into strength training once you stop working out so much, or else it won’t be as beneficial.
- If your main goal is really just to build muscle and get a nice set of triceps, then do three-4 sets of 10-12 reps for each exercise.
- Sphere of Influence in Real Estate: How Social Media Has Changed the Game
- Ecommerce for Services: Solution To Increase The Growth Of Online Shop
- 10 ways to use Instagram to boost eCommerce sales
- What are the Stages in Financing a Startup?
- Virtual Marketing? What is it? Importance and Advantages